Food And Arthritis

Add the RIGHT foods to your diet to REDUCE arthritic pain and inflammation.
Include the WRONG foods to your diet and INCREASE arthritic pain and inflammation.
My choice? A life-journey based on a low-oil whole-food plant based diet.
Whatever your current state of health, make yourself healthier - you deserve it. Start your plant based diet journey today.

Sunday 12 June 2016

Day four on far less medication

I am not saying I am med free, after all I am still eliminating foods and that process caries a likelihood of reactions.  So yesterday I wanted something, or rather needed something to eat after my endoscopy.  The M&S cafe inside the John Radcliffe Hospital has a very poor selection of gluten free and dairy free products.  Considering this was a service inside a hospital, I am frankly appalled at Marks & Spencer!

The only item they had was a tomato (and red pepper?) soup with (optional) gluten free rolls.  I asked for the GF rolls, only to be served with normal wheat rolls!!!!  I complained, naturally, and the waitress went to the M&S shop next door and brought a GF loaf, from which I had two slices.

Bread notwithstanding I am safe with neither tomato nor red pepper.  So overnight my wrists both hurt and became swollen.  Not totally intolerably, but I new I would need something to get me through the night.  So on with a generous dollop of 10% diclofenac gel around the wrists and my right elbow, and thence a couple of paracetemol.

Morning is here and certainly I am not recovered fully from that flare, but I will get there.  My feet feel a bit tender so I guess that's another bit of reaction.  A bit more gel and a certain amount of patience...  Whatever my inflammation is not coming back in earnest.

Let me say clearly, the road to recovery continues unabated.  At the next meeting with my doctor I hope to place the termination of my MTX medication clearly on the agenda!  The end of MTX may be a month or two, or more away, but the end is nigh.

Oh, and by the way, my endoscopy came out with normal results.  So any anaemia problems I have are not manifesting themselves in a poor digestive system that this endoscopy shows.

PS: I have just been onto M&S website and used their live chat service for complaints and had an apology and a promise of a gift voucher.

No comments:

Post a Comment